Monday, October 10, 2011

Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Hey there you guys, thanks for writing me again this week. It was great to hear from you guys and what you´re doing. It is also getting a little cooler here too. At this time in La Concha the weather is really great supposedly. Hopefully I am here for a little bit longer or even finish here.

So here are a few more pretty flower I found in this area:






Rachel I liked that lesson you guys learned about. That is really cool. I bet I would like to be able to teach like Bro Meiners. He always has good insights about the scriptures and understands them really well. Good luck and have fun on the camping trip. It is going to be chiiiilly. Especially for you if you haven´t adjusted yet haha. I was thinking about Mom and Dad leaving on the couples mission too. That would be so awesome. They would have to go to a Spanish speaking one though so we can all communicate between each other. I was thinking about that during the conference.

Mom stew and brownies sound really really good right now. Oh the package you sent was received. Thank you very much for the goods. They were very satisfying. I liked the picture too.

So has Montierth said anything? Has he replied? Have you asked him anything? He still writes every Monday too to let me know how life is and what not. He is studying in a Community College right now in Arizona. He is a really cool friend that you will probably meet often, haha.

I don´t know what the name of the guy with the hole in his head. It is more like a big ol dent I guess. You don´t touch any brain material. He doesn´t guy cross eyed but the people touching it do.

We have finally got our power back in the house so that is good news. It is a lot better at night now. I guess the power thing exploded or something. The wiring here isn´t that great either. They tie main power lines to dead-termite eaten trees as poles. So whenever there there is a storm and a little wind comes, someone is losing power. It is normal here though, haha.

Don´t worry Dad you will get used to the Spanish talk. Especially after you serve a mission here in Central America with Mom.

This Sunday none of our investigators came to church so that was a bummer. The four jovens are doing fine but they are always busy playing the piano in their own church that is practically all day everyday. We will see how it turns out. We want them to at least teach someone in the church how to play.

This week we had our Multi Zone Conference and I talked to an Elder that I went on divisions with in my last change in Ciudad Sandino. We did divisions as a Zone and I went to another area. Well Elder Styles had a reference to go contact way out in the boondocks in the mountains. So we walked out there looking for this guy, asking people in their wooden houses in the hot sun where this guy was. Turns out we were totally lost and he lived on the other side of this mountain. Well in our search we contacted a house with a ton of kids and there parents. They were in very poor conditions and the majority of the kids didn´t have clothes on. That day we had high goals to meet so we decided to put baptismal dates with all of them. They all accepted and we invited them to church. I thought for sure that none of them would go being that they lived really far from the church building. We continued working that day and finished the divisions the next day. I didn´t really think about them until the day I talked with the Elder at the Conference. It turns out that all of those being above the age of 8, got baptized and are active members in the church. 8 of them were above the age of 8. That was really cool and it is crazy how the Lord works.

Well I hope to hear from you all again next week and I love you lots

Amount of sweat sweated here in Nicaragua Hearts,

Elder Ochs

No comments:

Post a Comment