Monday, January 3, 2011

Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Hey it is awesome to hear how everyone is doing back at home. I am really excited to hear where Israel gets his call to and when Chad will see where he is going. Ya Mom tell Israel to send us an email as soon as he finds out. Us and the neighbors have made peace I think on New Years night. We were up with them and combine our bombs with their fireworks and we had a really fun time. It was actually really crazy. We did a kind of traditional thing here in Nicaragua where you build an oldman out of old clothes, newspaper, and stuff it with fireworks. The oldman holds a bottle and has a cigarette which represents the the old year that passed and starting anew. The funny thing is that they do all of that stuff the night of and the morning beginning the new year. We also bought a 2 liter of Coca Cola and set off a Coca Cola Geyser. It worked really well and it was also very awesome. We got it all on video but it is too big to just send it in email so I will see what we can do about sending you a copy.

Rachel, that is awesome to hear that you decided on going home on the 8th of August. So you will be home before my birthday. That is crazy.

So we need to work with the cousins of Jonas a little bit more but now we are now teaching his brother named Jack who is way pilas. He has already come to play soccer with us and church this last Sunday. He is coming to play soccer again with us today. He actually is helping us bring people to church and activities also. I told him that I still need to go visit his cousin to bring him to church and he just tells me "don´t worry about it I will bring them" and he does. He is the one from Corn Islands.

This last Saturday we baptized the abuelita Rosa Gema. Her husband even came and to her Confirmation, who never talks to us and if he does it is only like two words. He now has a lot of friends in the church and he is on his way to being a member. Oh and I almost forgot, Denis, got to baptize his grandma, and he was only baptized like 1 month ago. It was really awesome.

There was also emergency changes last night and now Elder Kunz, my comp from the MTC, is now living in the same house as me as our new Zone Leader. It is going to be pretty interesting. Again the house is full of greengos.

Well that is about it for this week and I just want to say that I love you lots and Big Hearts.

Elder Ochs

No comments:

Post a Comment