Monday, December 27, 2010

Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Hola familia. That was really awesome that I could talk to all of you guys and Rachel also. That was really cool. The other missionaries were jealous that I was able to do a conference call with everyone. There isn´t a way though that I could call back again. But thank you guys very much for doing that for us. I went a little over anyways so I may get something for that, haha. The Christmas here went really great and it was an especially good time of the year to teach families.

I got the package from Grandma and Grandpa in the house already, but I haven´t seen it yet. I am really looking forward to opening it. Dad your song was hilarious because I heard that song every single morning this month of December. The lady next door has a sound system that makes the house vibrate and she loves that song. If you didn´t see the translation it is talking about the travel of Mary riding a donkey with Baby Jesus to Bethlehem. It is a popular song here. Did you have a script or did you just listen to the song and figure it out. If it was the latter I would be impressed, haha.

So I have already told you most of the stuff that happened this last week on the phone but there was a few cool things that happened between the call and now. The first is that I had a very interesting dinner that night. It was the whole middle part of a hen (hen without legs or head) and it had a surprise. In the very innards was an egg that never came out I guess. It was all cooked and fine so I ate it out of it. It was really cool.

So this Sunday we had a lot of success bringing people to church. We had 6 people and 1 family, almost 2 families but the wife stayed home. The family was brought by one our investigadores, Jonas. I guess they went once when they were living in Puerto Cabeza, which is on the coast, and they wanted to come with their cousin Jonas, so he brought them along. They are going to be here for a year and they want us to come by and teach them. Then today we were playing soccer for our Pday activity and we had invited Jonas to come to come play us. Well he brought that family again and his brother from the Corn Islands. So we had a fun time playing with them and we have our first actual lesson with them tomorrow. I am so excited for them. They are really cool and just laid back.

Well I don´t have to much time to write more but I love you guys a lot and Big Hearts.

Elder Ochs

No comments:

Post a Comment