Monday, December 6, 2010

Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Hey there family and friends up in the states. It sounds like you guys are having a good time. You guys have a lot of stuff going on keeping you busy. I am going to write Grandma and Grandpa to tell them thanks for that Christmas present. The Thanksgiving video was really awesome also. Thanks for all of your lovings. That is awesome that you got to celebrate the Dutch Christmas. Here at that same time all of Nicaragua is celebrating the Shout of Mary. They go crazy all day and night lighting of fireworks, which are really just bombs, here. It is the time of the year that is most crazy and people from all over like to come here to Ciudad Sandino to celebrate. There are so many Mary statues here.

I didn´t tell you guys last week because I didn´t find out till Wednesday, but I am now a District Leader here. There are about 6 missionaries all together in our district. It is pretty fun and I like doing it. I get to talk to a bunch of the missionaries and see how they are doing and stuff. I also get to do Baptismal Interviews for them. I have done one already but he didn´t pass for this week. He has to wait one more week so he can stop drinking coffee. I have fun going to different areas too while on divisions with them. We live in the same house of the Zone Leaders so it is really cool getting help from them to when I need it. So ya I also get to write a lot of numbers so my addition will be excellent by the time I get back home haha.

Hey Rachel we also had 5 investigators come to church so that is awesome. It is the best we have been doing for a while here. One of them is named Jonàs and he is so pilas. He is 16 and is wanting to change around his life and wants to become like us missionaries. So we decided to bring him to our lessons and just doing actual missionary work. He is having a lot of fun too. He says he has a lot of references for us to go visit and also keeps us safe from certain roads and people that are dangerous when we walk at night. He knows pretty much everyone which is cool too.

We also got to see an actual rooster fight this past week. We were going around and visiting and we happened to pass by when they were having a match. It wasn´t all that exciting but the people yelling made it a lot more of a frenzy. We only saw one and decided to go when some people kept coming up to us asking for bets.

I am having a great time here and don´t worry, I am safe. We are getting more and more ready for baptism so hopefully they can take that last step. Thanks for all of your love and support. Big Hearts y Adios.

Elder Ochs

No comments:

Post a Comment