Monday, December 13, 2010

Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Entonces esta semana fue tuanis aqui en Sandino (So this week was real cool here in Sandino). So ya I have gotten your package about last week I think. I am really excited to open the stuff inside and I am kind of worried that there is something in one of them that may get attacked by the creatures in our house. Thank you so much for that. Everyone is pretty jealous of me. We actually haven´t really gone back to talk to the rooster fighting guy but we need to. We have been pretty busy with everyone else that we are teaching. I will see about the whole conference call thing. Those pictures of the house are really cool. It looks really comfy. That is a pretty clever hat you got there Dad. Those pictures of us painted was pretty funny too. I look like a little wierdo.

So I have been having a really great time here in Sandino still. The other day we went to an investigators house so that she could show us how to make Nica tamales. It is pretty cool. I forgot to bring my camera so I didnt get any pictures. What they do is first lay down leafs from a plantain tree which serves as the cover and protects it from water getting in. They put down corn dough, pork, chunk of fat from pork for flavor, rice, tomato, onion, a leafy thing, and then a chile that is really hot. They then wrap it up really tight and then tie it off with a cord from the same tree that is really strong. The funny thing is that I got Elder Feliciano to eat some of the really hot peppers and I bought him a soda. Afterwards we went to watch the Joseph Smith movie for a lesson and he was rubbing his eyes. He still had pepper juice on his hands so had quite a teary experience during the movie haha.

Those pictures I sent are of the Zone the day before changes, these goats that Elder Feliciano was fascinated by, and our Christmas photo with Tonky the house dog. He all of a sudden got nice and now he is our best friend. We even bought him a Christmas hat and Elder Montierth gave him a tie. It took a lot a shots to get one of him looking at the camera. Also at this time there are a lot of fireworks and bombs for sell and Elder Feliciano has some extra money to spend. This one in the picture cost 3 dollars and was a very big explosion. We all ran inside for cover for this one. Don´t worry though because our motto is "Safety First".

So we are doing really great here and we have a bunch of families getting ready for baptism. I am so excited for it. I love you all very much and I will talk to you again next week. Big Hearts.

Elder Ochs

No comments:

Post a Comment