Monday, November 29, 2010

Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Hola familia y amigos. So I really liked your last letter and the stories in there. That Sardines game sounded pretty intense also. That would have been fun to play Justin because he is really fast. Dad, where did you scoop that mud to put on your face? Hopefully away from the horse pins. Dad your Thanksgiving video didn`t go through but the pictures were pretty funny. That is awesome that Sean got his call over to Chicago, Illinois. Tell him I said to have fun and enjoy every minute of it.

So we had our own little Thanksgiving meal here in Nicaragua too. We had chicken, mashed potatoes, bread, vegetables, and Jello. It was pretty good. We did it as a Zone. We all paid this member to cook a big meal for all of us. It only cost $5 dollars each so it was fine.

I also got a pretty cool deal on hammocks this week from this guy walking around with a bunch of hammocks on his back. The first one I bought he wanted 350 cords but I got him down to 250. He walked with us to the house so that I could pay him. I only had a $10 and $5 bills which added up to 220 cords so I lacked about 30 and I only had a 50 cord bill in my wallet. So he just took it and I was bummed out because he got the better deal. He then wanted me to buy a second one for $10 but I told him I only have a $5 dollar bill left in my wallet. He lowered the price to $8 then $7 but I was telling him I only have a$5. So he offered me it for $5 but I also have to give him my backpack or a pair of my pants. I told him he was crazy because I only have one backpack and the pants cost me $30 dollars, so no. I then told him I will buy it for $5 dollars alone because he already stole 20 cords from me for the other hammock. He thought about it and finally gave it to me. So in the end I have 3 hammocks, one being from last week, that costed in total $25 dollars Which was the amount Grandma and Grandpa Ochs sent me for my Birthday. Thanks a bunch :).

So we just found out changes right now and I am staying here in Ciudad Sandino, Woo Hoo! Elder Feliciano is staying here another change with me too. I will complete 6 months here by the end and hit my year mark here. Elder Montierth is staying here another change too so that will be 7 1/2 months in the same district. Also we will have a house full of only greengos again for another change. Hopefully it doesn´t affect my Spanish too much. The best part is spending Christmas and New Years with the members here.

So we are still echando fuego here with Elder Feliciano. We got a bunch of people that we are teaching and getting ready for baptism. I am loving it here and can´t wait to get some more work down here. Thanks for all your lovings and I love you too.

Adios

Elder Ochs

No comments:

Post a Comment