Friday, March 12, 2010

12 Mar 10 email

Well it is still going well here at the MTC. My Spanish keeps getting better the more I am here. We have pretty much learned all of the conjugations and are just reviewing now. I have been reading a lot in the Doctrine and Covenants. I am about halfway and I am loving it. It is really interesting. I regret not paying more attention in seminary now.

This last Tuesday we had a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy come and talk to us. His name was Bruce C. Hafen and he talked about how to develop a testimony. It was really good and I learned a lot. The funny thing is that the word was going around that Elder David A. Bednar was supposed to be coming so Elder Brown and I got in line like an hour ahead so that we could get some good seats. Well we rush in there and got really good seats up in the front and in the middle haha.

Sorry I don't have much to write this time, I guess not much has happened out of the normal this week. We actually finally got our flight plans this Thursday too. We leave March 22. We are to be down to the Travel Service desk at 5 AM, flight leaves at 8:20 AM to Texas, then to Florida,and finally arriving Nicaragua at 7:50 PM (Central Time Zone). I don't know why we don't just go straight to Nicaragua because that distance is about the same as between here and Florida but I don't know. I don't mind going to a few states. Rachel got her flight plans too but I will let her tell you about it in her email. This week the pictures will be sent home, it took a while for them to be developed. Well I love you all and hope your doing well too.

Love,

Elder John Ochs

No comments:

Post a Comment