Monday, October 11, 2010

Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Hola familia. So I keep trying to send pictures home but it always messes up. The computers here are really difficult sometimes. I got one that has a landscapish view.

OK, here are a few more pictures from our trip to Momotombo Volcano last P-Day.

That story about Brennan and Al sounds crazy. (They rolled over in a Jeep while on a hunting trip) I am glad they are alright though.

So I got my Halloween package this last Saturday and I liked it a lot. Those pictures were awesome of all the family. I really liked it alot.

About the Christmas package, there is a member here that works with us a lot and he asked us to tell our parents whenever they are about to send a package to put "Tears" in there because he loves them and they are nowhere to be found here. He said his favorite are the "filled ones"? So if it is possible that would be cool. Other than that I don`t really have any requests.

That is sad that Honey died =(.

The line that I mentioned in the last email that I thought was funny was when Elder Uchtdorf was beginning his talk about trees or something and then he said "But you are probably wondering what that has to do with planes." Just because that is usually he puts into his talks. Our family that we got to Conference is going along great and there is a possibility that they will be baptized this week. So we are going to put the pilas to get them prepared.

This last week has been a little crazy so I don`t remember too much and I didn`t write in my journal at all this last week. We have being telling people all about this activity we are going to have this Saturday called the Titanic. We are building a huge ship inside of the church with a iceberg and everything. They did it in Managua last month and it was a big success bringing investigators and less actives. I will try to send back pictures of it and how it goes.

The other day Elder Garcia and I were in one of our areas looking for new people. This area is up in the hills next to Lake Managua. We found this little dirt path that ran along the hill and we followed it. It ended up taking us to the tippy top of the hill and we had a really cool view of Managua, Lake Managua, Sandino and a bunch of other areas. The only problem is that I wasn`t carrying my camera because it wasn`t the safest place. We found a lot of new places we didn`t know was in our area so we will be working up there the next few weeks.

Other than that it has been really cool working here in Ciudad Sandino. I am having a lot of fun here and I really like the area. I am learning a lot here and I`m definitely changing. I can`t imagine living without this Gospel in my life and the comfort it brings me knowing that I am in the right church. We talk with so many people that are so lost and confused and I am here to help them find the truth. I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation that enables us to return again to our Heavenly Father with our families for the eternities. Just want to say that I love you all and adiĆ³s till next week.

Elder Ochs

No comments:

Post a Comment