Friday, February 19, 2010

19 Feb 10 email

Hey there.

Well this week has gone by really fast. It seems like the time is getting faster and faster the more I am here. They said it continues throughout your mission, so I better get busy or else it will be over before I know it. Spanish is coming along great. I can't imagine going at this same pace outside of the mission. The gift of tongues is definitely in effect here. I can give almost all the principles in Spanish generally as of now, but I still need improvement. We have been teaching a progressive investigator the last few weeks and it is pretty fun. His name is Jorge and he is not cooperating very well. But it is a lot of fun.

I got a free sweater from one of the Elders from my district the other day. So now I don't have to wear the bulky jacket around. I have to share it though with my companion because he didn't bring a sweater and it has been snowing. I have seen Rachel a lot, mainly between meals, in the morning's that we get a sack breakfast, and at devotionals. I have gotten to talk to her to a lot too. I have taken a few cool pictures that I will have to send. My schedule is really long and sort of confusing so I will have to send a copy of it in an envelope or something. This week was the last week that the district above us is going to be here, the fun district that has the cool ideas, so we have been having a lot of sleepovers. We drag our mattresses into the room that is hosting the event and line them up on the ground. You learn a lot about people when you stay the night. It reminds me about the good days in scouts and camping. Unfortunately, we didn't get to sleep till kind of late and I have been kind of tired. They also have a bunch of cool stuff that they won't be able to take with them so I'll be getting some fun stuff. I already claimed a super comfy pad one of the Elders has for his bed that he some how got from the senior missionaries place. I am having a really good time here at the MTC and I can't wait to get into field. Thank you everyone that has been writing to me and I love you all.

Elder Ochs

No comments:

Post a Comment