Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Hola family y amigos. It is good to hear how it is going in Oakdale. It is crazy how much Oakdale has grown. I am going to try to send a video of a tour of my house. We also took some pictures of our area. Since we cover two areas, we have a lot of places to go. (Elder Ochs only sent this one picture for now, but it is a good one.)

Well this week here was not very exciting but a lot of work. We walk triple the amount we used to in Tezoatega. We all are all over the place here. I didn´t realize it before but Lake Managua is just down the street from us too. The weather here is pretty nice too because all of the wind. I got pretty sick in the stomach for a day this week from eating a bunch of coconut a a members house. A funny thing the other day was we were waiting at this corner for another missionary and a guy was walking by. So we tried to greet him and contact him but he just said "Hasta la Vista Baby" and kept walking haha.

I have been practicing my Spanish a lot more now. I contact about 15 people every night now. Also our Mission President has set the new wake up time at 5 o´clock in the morning now. He is trying to push a lot before he leaves. He wants the mission to baptize 1000 people this month of May which has never been done before and is only possible here in Nicaragua. It is hard though because there are missionaries that don´t want to work hard or we could definitely achieve that goal. I trying my hardest on my part though. My comp is really helping me out and I have learned so much here. Before in Tezoatega you didn´t have to do much to get baptisms but here it is a lot tougher. I am still setting my goals high. So thanks for all of your love and support and I will write more next week.

Adios.

Elder Ochs

No comments:

Post a Comment